Breakfast & After School Club
- The Breakfast Club is open during term time only Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 8:45am.
- The After School Club is open during term time only Monday-Friday from 3:15pm – 6:00pm
- The Clubs are available for all children from Reception age to Year 6.
- The Clubs are located in the School Community Room. Parents/Carers are asked to collect their children via the community room door.
Children will get a choice of cereals, toast and fruit to begin their day. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the Breakfast Club Leader of any dietary requirements. After the children have eaten, they will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of activities. These include:
- Board games
- Exercise activities (inside using the hall or outside)
- Lego or construction games
- Comics or books
- Craft, drawing, puzzles
- Or, at the request of parents/carers, be heard reading or getting help with homework.
At the end of the session, children will be taken to their classrooms at 08:45am by Breakfast Club Staff. Supervision then passes to a member of the school staff.
After School Club
Children meet in the community room and will be signed in by the after school club leader. Children attending a separate after school club activity for some of the time will be brought to after school club by that leader following the finish of their club. The children will be offered a drink and biscuits on arrival. Hot snacks are available after 4:00pm. A menu of food for the week is displayed in the room. Fruit is available at all times. Only a snack will be provided. This is not their tea. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the After School Leader of any dietary requirements.
Typical activities will include:
- Art and craft activities
- Sports activities and team games using the hall or playground
- ‘chill out’ time with books and comics will be available
- Lego and construction
- Board games
- ‘U’ rated film nights in winter months
- Help with homework, reading or other learning.
Parents/carers may donate toys and games to the After-School Club but children should not bring anything valuable from home. The Breakfast and After School Clubs are not responsible for the loss or damage to any items brought from home.
The school rules and behaviour policy will be followed to ensure consistency for the children at club. We expect good behaviour and respect for others. The Breakfast and After School Club reserve the right to withdraw the service if a child’s behaviour is consistently unacceptable.
The direct number for the After School Club is: 01661 822103
Collection from the After School Club
Collection will be from the community room. On collection, parents/carers are asked to sign their child out and record the time that they leave. Parents are asked to knock at the door if they arrive early to pick up their child. If there is no answer, then parents are asked to ring the After School Club phone number. Children will only be handed over to the person(s) indicated on the registration form. If any other person is collecting the child, the Leader should be notified in advance and a safety password will be provided.
Booking, Fees and Payment
Booking can be done via www.schoolgateway.com or by letting the school office know, if you require a regular place please be mindful to book in advance, last minute bookings can only be taken if there is space.
If you no longer require your booking you must get in touch with the school office to cancel.
Breakfast Club Fees:
7.30am – 8:45am £5
After School Club fees:
3:15pm – 6pm £10
A 25% discount will be applied to the fees of a sibling.
- Fees are billed and payable monthly
- Fees can be paid by cash/cheque (payable to Pele Trust)
- Fees can be paid online via www.schoolgateway.com
- Fees may be paid with childcare vouchers
Where payment is not received within 2 weeks of the invoice being issued, parents/ carers will forfeit the opportunity to use the club for their child.
Late collection from After School Club
Collection after 6pm will incur an extra charge of £5
Collection after 6.15pm will incur an extra charge of £20
If a child is not collected by 6.20pm and the After School Club has not been able to establish contact with parents /carers then Children’s Services will be contacted.
Use of Clubs
Where possible, we would appreciate advance notice of a child attending a club, in order to ensure appropriate staffing and provision.
Breakfast & After School Club Policy
Local Child Minders
Christine & Pam are local OFSTED registered Childminders who drop off and pick up from Ponteland Primary School.
Telephone 01661 821 134 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 01661 860 103, Mobile 0775 102 0834 or Email email@example.com
– OFSTED Registered
– Hold a Level 3 Childcare Qualification
– Adhere to ratios as per OFSTED requirements
– Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage
– CRB Checked
– Attend First Aid Training on a regular basis
– Complete Child Protection Training
– Hold a Food Hygiene Certificate
– Can provide References