- The Breakfast Club is open during term time only Monday-Friday from 7:30am – 8:45am.
- The After School Club is open during term time only Monday-Friday from 3:15pm – 6:00pm
- The Clubs are available for all children from Reception age to Year 6.
- The Clubs are located in the Dining Street. Parents/Carers are asked to collect their children via the Main Entrance.
Children will get a choice of cereals, toast and fruit to begin their day. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the Breakfast Club Leader of any dietary requirements. After the children have eaten, they will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of activities. These include:
- Board games
- Exercise activities (inside using the hall or outside)
- Lego or construction games
- Comics or books
- Craft, drawing, puzzles
At the end of the session, children will be taken to their classrooms at 08:45am by Breakfast Club Staff. Supervision then passes to a member of the school staff.
After School Club
Children meet in the dining hall and will be signed in by the after school club leader. Children attending a separate after school club activity for some of the time will be brought to the after school club by that leader following the finish of their club. Snacks are available. A menu of food for the week is displayed in the room. Fruit is available at all times. Only a snack will be provided. This is not their tea. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the After School Leader of any dietary requirements.
Typical activities will include:
- Art and craft activities
- Sports activities and team games using the hall or playground
- ‘chill out’ time with books and comics will be available
- Lego and construction
- Board games
- ‘U’ rated film nights in winter months
Parents/carers may donate toys and games to the After-School Club but children should not bring anything valuable from home. The Breakfast and After School Clubs are not responsible for the loss or damage to any items brought from home.
The school rules and behaviour policy will be followed to ensure consistency for the children at the club. We expect good behaviour and respect for others. The Breakfast and After School Club reserve the right to withdraw the service if a child’s behaviour is consistently unacceptable.
The direct number for the After School Club is: 07552 798150
Collection from the After School Club
Collection will be from the main reception area. On collection, wraparound staff will sign the child out and record the time that they leave. Parents are asked to knock at the door if they arrive early to pick up their child. Children will only be handed over to the person(s) indicated on the registration form. If any other person is collecting the child, the Leader should be notified in advance and a safety password will be provided.
Booking, Fees and Payment
Booking can be done via www.schoolgateway.com or by letting the school office know, if you require a regular place please be mindful to book in advance, last minute bookings can only be taken if there is space.
If you no longer require your booking you must get in touch with the school office to cancel.
Breakfast Club Fees:
7.30am – 8:45am £5
After School Club fees:
3:15pm – 6pm £10
A 25% discount will be applied to the fees of a sibling.
- Fees are billed and payable monthly
- Fees can be paid by cash/cheque (payable to Pele Trust)
- Fees can be paid online via www.schoolgateway.com
- Fees may be paid with childcare vouchers
Where payment is not received within 2 weeks of the invoice being issued, parents/ carers will forfeit the opportunity to use the club for their child.
Late collection from After School Club
Collection after 6pm will incur an extra charge of £5
Collection after 6.15pm will incur an extra charge of £20
If a child is not collected by 6.20pm and the After School Club has not been able to establish contact with parents /carers then Children’s Services will be contacted.
Use of Clubs
Where possible, we would appreciate advance notice of a child attending a club, in order to ensure appropriate staffing and provision.
Local Childminder - Ponteland Childminder
Pam Hollier is a local OFSTED registered Childminder who drop off and pick up from Ponteland Primary School
- OFSTED Registered
- Hold a Level 3 Childcare Qualification
- Adhere to ratios as per OFSTED requirements
- Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage
- CRB Checked
- Attend First Aid Training on a regular basis
- Complete Child Protection Training
- Hold a Food Hygiene Certificate
- Can provide References